The OU Club of Tulsa annually awards more than $25,000 worth of scholarships to Tulsa area students to attend the Norman or Tulsa campuses.
To Apply: Click on the appropriate scholarship link listed below each scholarship type to download the application form or apply online.
We award five Northeastern Oklahoma Freshman Scholarships:
- Four scholarships total $3,000 each ($1,500 in cash and $1,500 in tuition waiver)
- The Joe Lawnick Memorial Scholarship totals $4,000 ($2,000 in cash and $2,000 in tuition waiver), and honors a founding member of the OU Club of Tulsa and an executive director of the Chip-in-Club. In 1979 he was inducted into the University of Oklahoma Alumni Hall of Fame.
- If you are a high school senior in Northeast Oklahoma you are eligible for these scholarships.
- To be considered, you must apply online to OU as an incoming freshman at www.CommonApp.org/school/university-oklahoma (a link is provided just below this paragraph) preferably by December 15th but no later than February 1st.
- Your application for admittance to OU includes your application for our scholarship.
- For any questions about the freshman scholarship applications process, please contact the OU Prospective Student Services Office at 918-660-3800.
We award two scholarships for students attending OU-Tulsa:
Two OU-Tulsa scholarships are awarded to students at the Tulsa campus.
- The awards total $3,000 ($1,500 in cash and $1,500 in tuition waiver)
We award two scholarships to upperclassmen in honor of Sooner alumni.
The Fern L. Holland Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student who is a junior level or above and has demonstrated a desire to make a difference in such areas as community service and human rights.
- This scholarship honors OU graduate and Tulsa attorney Fern Holland.
- Fern worked for the US-led Coalition in Iraq and drafted the section of the Iraqi interim constitution dealing with women’s rights and giving women a voice in the new government. It was signed the day before she was killed in Iraq in 2004.
- This award totals $4,000 ($2,000 in cash and $2,000 in tuition waiver).
The Wayman Tisdale Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student in the school of music who is junior level or above and studying guitar or double bass with preference for jazz.
- Wayman, a native Tulsan and graduate of Booker T. Washington High School, was a three time All-American on the OU basketball team, a professional basketball player, and an award winning jazz bass guitarist.
- This award totals $4,000 ($2,000 in cash and $2,000 in tuition waiver) and the recipient is selected by the OU School of Music.