We are partnering with all Alumni Clubs/Societies across the country and the OU Alumni Association to host the first ever Virtual OKU-5K!
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or any other option to complete the 5K distance.
- Join us in walking or running for a great cause, dress up in your crimson and cream and post your photos on social media, using the hash tag #OKU5K. Be sure to tag the OU Alumni Association at @SoonerAlumni and the OU Club of Tulsa at @OUClubofTulsa.
- All proceeds from the race will go to the Club/Society of the registrants choice – so please select the OU Club of Tulsa in the drop down when you register!
- We hope this will be a fun way for Sooners to come together “virtually” while also helping support the clubs/societies and ultimately our students.
Register at http://www.soonerconnect.com/5K
- To join the virtual race, follow these simple steps:The OKU-5K will take place starting on July 5th, 2020. Runners can compete any time between July 5th – July 12th.1. Register above. Your $20 participation gift supports the club of your choice. Please select the OU Club of Tulsa in the drop down when you register ($35 includes official race t-shirt)
2. Download the Strava app. In your email confirmation will be a link to the OKU5K Club on Strava.
3. Have Fun! Sync Strava with your GPS device (iPhone, Android, watch, Fitbit, etc) to track your run/walk.
4. Sport your crimson and cream
5. Print your OKU5K race bib
6. Complete your 5K!
7. Upload pictures to social media with the #oku5k (don’t forget to make your post public so we can see it!) or email them to email@example.com.